May 17, 2019 Board Agenda
(Items with little to no discussion at the district meetings and all were recommended for approval by all of the districts)
- Minutes of the previous meeting
The minutes of the previous meeting will be considered.
- Errata and format revisions
Minor errors and formatting revisions.
- MAPLE abbreviation and definition (Section 1010, 1.02 and 1.03)
Added abbreviation and definition in order to reference MAPLE within the specifications.
- Compaction testing for subgrade cut sections (Section 2010, 3.06)
Clarified that moisture and density elements should be used for compaction in subgrade cut section compaction.
- Internal manhole drop (Section 6010, 1.08, 2.15-2.17, 3.06, and Figure 6010.308)
Developed new figure and specifications language to allow for an internal manhole drop.
- Cementitious mortar liner with epoxy seal (Section 6020, 2.03)
Developed ranges as opposed to a single value to allow for more products.
- Rock subbase (Section 6010, 3.01 and Figures 6010.302-305, 401-406, 501-513)
Added rock subbase to all cast-in-place structures to match precast structures.
- Honeycomb repair (Section 7010, 3.02)
Added information for honeycomb repair of non-formed paving.
- Driveway drop curb heights (Figures 7010.102 and 7030.101)
Resolved differences in drop curb heights in new PCC pavements and driveway sections.
- Boxouts in HMA pavements (Figure 7020.201)
Expanded options for jointing when HMA is extended through the boxout to the casting.
- High performance thin lift overlays (Spec Sect 7021, 2.04, C; Design Sect 5J-1, C, 1, b)
Modified binder grade to ensure adequate crack resistance properties.
- Driveway flares (Spec Figures 7030.101 and 102; Design Section 5L-4, C)
Clarified that the flare should be 3 to 5 feet for residential and agricultural driveways.
- Temporary traffic signals (Section 8010, 1.08 and 3.06)
Expanded payment and removal process for temporary traffic signals.
- Election of officers
The Nominating Committee has selected a slate of officers for election. Elections will be held at the meeting.
- Budget and work plan
The 2019-2020 work plan and budget will be considered at the meeting.
- Public Works Service Bureau
Discuss potential interaction between SUDAS and Public Works Service Bureau.
Design Manual Items
- Clear zones in urban areas (Section 5C-1, Table 5C-1.05)
Set the preferred and acceptable clear zone on low speed urban roadways without consideration for roadway classification.
- LED street lighting (Chapter 11)
Updated chapter to reflect use of LED street lighting.
- Temporary traffic control (Sections 13B-1 through 13B-6)
Added sections on the design requirements for work zone traffic control.
Specifications Manual Items
- Linear trench drain (Section 4020, 1.08, 2.02, 3.04, and Figure 6010.521)
Added linear trench drain as joint SUDAS/Iowa DOT specifications and figure.
- Pipe rehabilitation (Section 4050)
Revised the pipe rehabilitation section based on current practices/products.
- Adjustable casting (Section 6010, 2.01, D; 3.01, J; and Figures 6010.601 and 602)
Revised text and figures to allow for an additional adjustable casting.
- Steps in manholes and intakes (Section 6010, 2.13 and Figures 6010.301, 303, 304, 305, 401, 404, 405)
Changed the default to no steps in manholes and intakes.
Page last updated: May 7, 2019