February 2020 District Agenda
- Schedule of district meetings
The schedule of the 2020 district meetings will be presented.
- Board of Directors meeting minutes
A summary of actions taken by the Board during November 2019 electronic vote will be presented.
Design Manual Items
- General provisions (Chapter 1)
Updated the chapter based on current practices.
- Water main LUST interaction (Section 4C-1)
Modified to match Iowa DNR permit requirements for interaction of water mains and LUST sites.
- Minimum street width alternative (Sections 5C-1 and 5C-2)
Updated Table 5C-1.01 by adding an additional 27 feet back-to-back street width and a 48 foot cul-de-sac radius alternative when agencies have larger fire apparatus.
- Lane width and capacity (Section 5C-2, A)
Updated to reflect new lane width and capacity relationships.
- Driveway design for low volume residential streets (Sections 5L-3 and 5L-4)
Updated point of width measurement, established width based on number of garage stalls, clarified joint driveway width, and updated distance from intersections.
- Utility locating site restoration (Design Section 5I-3; Spec Sections 3020 and 7040)
Added information to address re-establishment of the pavement following cutting of core holes in pavements for utility location.
Specifications Manual Items
- Project area maintenance (Section 1070, 2.08, C)
Added clarification concerning maintenance of the work area during the project.
- Visual inspection of sewers (Section 4060, 3.02)
Deleted requirement for lamping sewers and culverts.
- Water main pipe options (Section 5010, 2.01, 2.03, and 3.04)
Deleted prestressed concrete cylinder pipe as a standard water main pipe since it has limited use and application.
- Fire hydrants (Spec Section 5020, 3.03, F and Design Section 4C-1, E)
Clarified fire hydrant placement and orientation to meet 2018 International Fire code.
- Steps in deep structures (Section 6010, 2.13)
Added steps for structures deeper than 20 feet.
- Cross slope for sidewalks, driveways, and shared use paths (Section 7030, 3.04)
Clarified maximum, target, and minimum cross slope requirements.
- Water for seeding (Section 9010, 1.08, D)
Modified the measurement and payment for watering to eliminate confusion of MGAL, which has been misinterpreted as a million gallons rather than 1,000 gallons.
- Discussion items
- Curing of sidewalks, driveways, and shared use paths – change default to cure?
- Any confusion about proof rolling and the loading on the trucks?
- Should we add specifications for PVC/HDPE concrete pipe liner to combat caustic sewage?
- Should we expand information or establish criteria when bid items are deleted?
- Iowa Public Works Service Bureau update
An update on the project will be given at the meeting.
- Products and/or research
District committee members can suggest new products to be proposed for SUDAS manual inclusion; suggestions for potential research projects can also be made at this time.
Page revised: January 17, 2020