April 2021 District Agenda
- Election of officers
According to the corporation bylaws, the districts are to elect a Chair and a Vice-Chair every two years.
- Minutes of the previous meetings and schedule of district meetings
The minutes of the previous meetings will be considered. The schedule of district meetings will be presented.
Design Manual Items
- Apron guards and safety grates (Sections 2D-3, C, 1 and 2E-1, E, 14)
Needed additional elements for apron guards and safety grates.
- Cul-de-sac length (Section 5C-2, O)
Added discussion points about the length of cul-de-sacs from International Fire Code and ITE perspectives.
- Crack and seat (Design Section 5J-1, C and Spec Section 7092)
Expanded design information and developed new specifications section addressing crack and seat projects in urban areas.
- Tree planting (Design Chapter 10 and Spec Section 9030)
Updated design information on species to plant and specifications requirements based on industry input.
- Traffic signals (Design Sections 13A-1 – 13A-5 and Spec Section 8010)
Revised the design and spec sections on traffic signals with guidance from the SUDAS Traffic Signal Committee.
Specifications Manual Items
- Payment for extra work (Section 1090, 1.04)
Added standard markup for the general contractor when subcontractor executes an extra work order.
- Topsoil requirement and placement (Section 2010, 1.08, D and 3.02)
Updated bid items and execution items for all three options to provide topsoil.
- Fusible pipe for water mains (Sections 3020, 2.01 and 5011)
Added HDPE fusible pipe to the fusible PVC development specifications, which were on the website, and moved to the Specifications Manual.
- HDPE liner thickness and joints (Section 4010, 2.01, F)
Modified HDPE liner thickness and joint requirements to include additional products.
- Water main abandonment (Section 5010, 1.08, F and 3.10)
Added bid item and execution information on abandoning water mains in-place.
- Alternate fire hydrant assembly bid item (Section 5020, 1.08, D)
Added bid item for Alternate Fire Hydrant Assembly to reflect addition pipe and fittings.
- Butyl rubber sealant (Section 6010, 2.09, A, 2, d)
Added softening point requirement for use of high density polyethylene adjustment rings in asphalt.
- Concrete boxouts (Figures 7010.103 and 7020.201)
Added requirement for minimum amount of concrete outside of the casting when it is not centered. Added use of ‘B’ joint for post PCC construction cut and extracted boxouts.
- Slope of top of curb at sidewalks (Figures 7030.201 and 7030.202)
Added note for top of curb to drain to street when adjacent to Class A sidewalk.
- Sod Cultivars (Section 9020, 2.01, A)
Updated list of available cultivars for sod.
- End of season temporary erosion control (Section 9040, 1.08, V)
Provided bid item addition for temporary erosion control to be used when the project will extend over the winter.
- Concrete step and wall construction (Section 9080, 2.01, B and Figure 9080.102)
Added setup for independent staging of steps and wall construction.
- Discussion items
- Should we add a bid item and specifications for flaggers?
- Should we expand our sediment and erosion control specifications?
- Iowa Public Works Service Bureau update
An update on the project will be given.
- Products and/or research
District committee members can suggest new products to be proposed for SUDAS manual inclusion; suggestions for potential research projects can also be made at this time.
If you would like to print the whole packet, click here!
(The packet is set up to print double sided, with dividers)
Page revised: March 29, 2021